jeudi 8 février 2018

Essential verbs

Voici quelques-uns des verbes les plus couramment utilisés en anglais. Apprenez-les et vous pourrez en dire beaucoup!

TO be = etre
to feel = sentir, croire

I am happy. You are sad. He is cold. We are hot. You are upset. They are calm.
I feel happy. You feel sad? He feels cold. We feel hot. You feel upset? They feel calm.

To have = avoir

I have a headache. You have a new car. She has a nice haircut. We are having a bad day. Are you having fun? They have no idea!

to do = faire
I am doing my homework.
You are doing your homework.
He/she is doing his/her homework.
We are doing our homework.
You are doing your homework?
They are doing their homework.

to make = faire (plus comme construire)
I am making a cake.
You are making a cake?
She is making a cake.
We are making a cake!
You are making a cake.
They are making a cake.

to give = donner
I am giving flowers to my mother for Valentine's Day.
You are giving her flowers?
He is giving her flowers.
We are giving her flowers.
You are giving her flowers.
They are giving her flowers.

to take = prendre
I am taking a course. I am taking a letter to the post office.
You are taking a course?
She is taking a course.
We are taking a course.
You are taking a course?
They are taking a course.

to get = obtenir, devenir
I am getting a new dress. I am getting angry.
You are getting a new dress?
She is getting a new dress.
We are getting new dresses.
You are getting new dresses?
They are getting new dresses.

to bring = apporter
I am bringing cookies to the party.
You are bringing cookies to the party?
He is bringing cookies to the party.
We are bringing cookies to the party.
Are you bringing cookies to the party?
Are they bringing cookies to the party?

to put = mettre
I am putting plates on the table.
You are putting plates on the table?
She is putting plates on the table.
We are putting plates on the table.
Are you putting plates on the table?
They are putting plates on the table.

to see = voir
I see you.
You see me.
He sees her.
We see them.
You see us.
They see it.

to look, to watch = regarder
I am looking out the window. I am watching TV.
You are looking out the window.
He is looking out the window.
We are looking out the window.
Are you looking out the window?
They are looking out the window.

to know = savoir
I know the answer.
You know the answer!
She knows the answer.
We know the answer!
Do you know the answer?
They know the answer.

to think = penser
I am thinking of my trip to Norway.
Are you thinking of your trip?
She is thinking of her trip!
We are thinking about our trip.
Are you thinking about your trip?
They are thinking about their trip.

to come = venir
I am coming in 5 minutes.
Are you coming soon?
She is coming at 11 o'clock.
We are coming this afternoon.
When are you coming?
They are coming later.

to go = aller
I am going to my friend's house.
Are you going to your friend's house?
She is going to the shop.
We are going to the supermarket.
Are you going to the supermarket?
They are going to the supermarket.

to leave = partir
I am leaving. Bye!
Are you leaving?
He is leaving.
We are leaving.
You are leaving already?
Are they leaving?

to call = appeler, téléphoner
I am calling a taxi.
Are you calling a cab?
She is calling a cab.
We are calling a taxi.
You are calling a cab?
They are calling a cab.

to need = avoir besoin
I need a glass of water.
Do you need a some water?
He needs some water.
We need some water.
You need some water?
They need some water.

to want = vouloir
I want some candy.
Do you want some candy?
He wants candy.
We want candy.
Do you want some candy?
They want candy.

to ask = demander
I am asking a question.
Are you asking him to go?
She is asking him to go.
We are asking you to go.
You are asking me?
They are asking for more time.

to find = trouver
I am finding cat hair everywhere!
Are you finding the answer?
He is trying to find his keys.
We are trying to find the answer.
Are you trying to find a parking space?
They are trying to find a taxi.

to try = essayer
I am trying to learn English.
Are you really trying?
She is trying very hard.
We are trying our best.
You are trying to learn English?
They are trying to learn English.

to help = aider
I am helping my mom.
Are you helping your mom?
She is helping her mom.
We are helping our mom.
You are helping your mom?
They are helping their mom.

to begin, to start = commencer
I am beginning a new English class next week.
Are you starting a new course next week?
He is starting a course next week.
We are beginning a new course next week.
You are starting today?
They are starting today.

to speak, to talk = parler
I am speaking as much English as I can! I am talking in English!
You are speaking English!
She is speaking English?
We are speaking English!
Are you speaking English?
They are talking too much!

to say, to tell = dire
I am saying that all the time. I am telling her every day to do her homework.
What are you saying?
He is saying that I can't speak English!
She is telling him that I can speak English!
We are telling him but he will not listen.
Can you tell me the time?
They are telling a story.

to be able (can) = pouvoir

I can do it.
Can you do it?
He can do it.
She can do it.
We can do it.
You can do it!
They can do it.

parler de la capacité

I can drive a car.
She can make gingerbread.

demander et donner la permission

Can I leave work early?
You can use my phone.

faire une demande

Can you tell me the time?
Can you recommend something from the menu?

faire une offre

Can I help you?
Can I call a taxi for you?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Post

Paralympics 2020