lundi 5 février 2018

Taxis

Words and phrases you need to get a taxi!

taxi = cab = taxi cab

Phrases:
- to call a cab / to call a taxi
- to book a taxi / to book a cab
- to hail a taxi / to hail a cab
- to flag down a cab / to flag down a taxi
- to find a taxi stand
- to take a cab / to take a taxi
- to be picked up
- to be dropped off

VERBs:

TO CALL (Can you call a cab?)
TO BE (I am at ... [location])
TO NEED ( I need a cab.)
TO WANT = but we say "I would  like ..." (I would like a cab.)
TO GO (I am going to ... [location])

Calling a cab by telephone:

C = cab
P = passenger

C: Hello. Milan Taxi.
P: Hi. I need a cab.
C: What's your location?
P: I'm at the Grand Hotel Milan.
C: What's your destination?
P: I'm going to Mario's Restaurant.
C: Great. What's the name?
P: Pfauwathel.
C: OK Mister Pfauwathel. The taxi will be there in 5 minutes.
P: Thanks.




Asking someone to call you a cab:

H = hotel manager
P = passenger

P: Hello. Can you please call me a cab?
or
Would you please call me a cab? I am going to ___________________ (your destination).
or
Could you schedule a cab for me? For tomorrow morning at 6am?


H: Sure. What's the name? Where are you going?
 ****** The cab will be here in 10 minutes.

Hailing a cab:

Questions to ask -
- Are you free?
- Are you available?
- Is there a flat fee to the airport?
- How much to go downtown? to the city center?

You may be asked -
- Where are you going?
- Where are you headed?
- What's your destination?
- How are you paying?


If you want to give a tip: - Keep the change.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Post

Paralympics 2020