samedi 17 février 2018

Common expressions in a restaurant

1. The guest

  • A table for two, please.
  • May we sit at this table?
  • The menu, please.
  • What are today's specials?
  • Is the curried chicken hot (that is - spicy!)?
  • We're not ready to order yet.
  • The steak for me, please.
  • Can we have some ketchup?
  • A salad, please.
  • I'll have the same.
  • That's all, thank you.
  • Can I have the bill, please?
  • I'm paying.
  • Here you are.
  • Keep the change.
  • Do you have wine by the glass?
  • I'd prefer red wine.
  • Please bring us another beer.
  • Could I have French fries instead of mashed potatoes?
  • What would you recommend?
  • Please bring me the bill with my coffee.
  • I think you've made a mistake.

2. The waiter

  • Hi, I'm Lucie, I'll be your waitress today.
  • Can I help you?
  • Can I take your coat?
  • Have you booked a table?
  • Do you have a reservation?
  • How many in your party?
  • Follow me, please.
  • This way, please.
  • Can I take your order, sir/madam?
  • What would you like to start with?
  • What would you like to drink?
  • What would you like for dessert?
  • How would you like your steak? (rare, medium, well done)
  • Do you want a salad with it?
  • What kind of dressing would you like? Italian, French, just olive oil and lemon.
  • Anything to drink?
  • Do you want a dessert?
  • The burgers are very good.
  • I would recommend the fish special. 
  • Sorry, the fish is finished (sold out - no more left).
  • Is everything all right?
  • Did you enjoy your meal?
  • Do you want separate bills?
  • Do you want everything on one bill?
  • May I show you to a table?
  • Please wait, there'll be a table free in a few minutes.
  • Do you want vegetables with it?
  • Why don't you try the pizza?
  • It'll take about 20 minutes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Post

Paralympics 2020