mercredi 20 mars 2019

Verbs for Food & Drink

Useful verbs to help you talk about food and drink:



eat
I will eat a cookie. He will eat a cookie.  
I am eating a cookie. He is eating a cookie.
I ate a cookie. He ate a cookie.




drink
I will drink a glass of water. He will drink a glass of water.
I am drinking a glass of water. He is drinking a glass of water.
I drank a glass of water. He drank a glass of water.



chew
I will chew my food. He will chew his food.
I am chewing my food. He is chewing his food.
I chewed my food. He chewed his food.



order
I will order a pizza. He will order a pizza.
I am ordering a pizza. He is ordering a pizza. 
I ordered a pizza. He ordered a pizza. 



buy
I will buy a sandwich. She will buy a sandwich.
I am buying a sandwich. She is buying a sandwich.
I bought a sandwich. She bought a sandwich. 



make
I will make an omelet. She will make an omelet.
I am making an omelet. She is making an omelet. 
I made an omelet. She made an omelet.



bake
I will bake a cake. She will bake a cake.
I am baking a cake. She is baking a cake. 
I baked a cake. She baked a cake. 



cook
I will cook supper. She will cook supper. 
I am cooking supper. She is cooking supper. 
I cooked supper. She cooked supper.



pour
I will pour a glass of wine. He will pour a glass of wine. 
I am pouring a glass of wine. He is pouring a glass of wine.
I poured a glass of wine. He poured a glass of wine. 



have breakfast
I will have breakfast. He will have breakfast.
I am having breakfast. He is having breakfast. 
I had breakfast. He had breakfast. 



have a glass of wine
I will have a glass of wine. She will have a glass of wine.
I am having a glass of wine. She is having a glass of wine. 
I had a glass of wine. She had a glass of wine.



have a slice of pizza
I will have a slice of pizza. She will have a slice of pizza. 
I am having a slice of pizza. She is having a slice of pizza. 
I had a slice of pizza. She had a slice of pizza. 

be tasty
This pizza will be tasty. 
This pizza is tasty!
That pizza was tasty.

taste good
This cookie will taste good.
This tastes good!
That was good.

be yummy
This coffee will be yummy.
This coffee is soooooooooooo yummy!
That coffee was yummy.

be delicious
This meal will be delicious.
This meal is delicious!
That meal was delicious.

grab a bite to eat
I will grab a bite to eat. He will grab a bite to eat. 
I am grabbing a bite to eat. He is grabbing a bite to eat. 
I grabbed a bite to eat. He grabbed a bite to eat.

grab a coffee
I will grab a coffee. He will grab a coffee.
I am grabbing a coffee. He is grabbing a coffee.
I grabbed a coffee. He grabbed a coffee. 

I love coffee!
Want to grab a coffee?
Let's grab a coffee!


IN THE PRESENT...

feel like having / want / would like
I feel like having a coffee. He feels like having a coffee.
I want to have a coffee. He wants to have a coffee. 
I would like to have a coffee. He would like to have a coffee. 

Watch these videos:

Almost pizza

Starbucks at home

Sugary drinks


Chewable Pampers


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Post

Paralympics 2020